CND's Shellac is the first hybrid nail color that applies like polish, wears flawlessly for 14 days with a high gloss shine, and is removed in minutes. Easy to use, just simply polish your client's nails.
Shellac nail color is hypoallergenic and "3-Free," which means no formaldehyde, toluene or DBP. Twelve of CND's most popular shades are available in Shellac, with another 12 launching by year's end, and more to come.
The Shellac System features a Base Coat, Color Coat and Top Coat. Together with an appropriate 36 Watt UV lamp they comprise the breakthrough in resilient color that remains flawless for 14-days and removes in 10 minutes.
1. Perform a dry manicure. After shaping and smoothing nails, use ScrubFresh and a lint-free pad to remove oil from the nail plate. (It is not necessary to remove shine from the natural nail plate with a buffer.)
2. Apply thin layer of Shellac UV Base Coat to all five nails on one hand. Cure all five fingers for 10 seconds in the CND UV lamp.
3. Apply one thin coat of Shellac UV Color to all five nails on one hand. (This layer will be semi-sheer if applied correctly.) Cure all five nails for two minutes in the CND UV lamp. Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the second hand.
4. Apply a second thin coat to all five nails of the first hand and cure for two minutes in the CND UV lamp. (This will provide full coverage if using and opaque color.) Repeat the process on the other hand.
5. Apply one thn layer of Shellac UV Top Coat to all five nails on one hand. Cure all five nails for two minutes in the CND UV lamp. Repeat the process on the other hand.
6. Remove the tacky film from the top of the nails with a lint-free pad soaked in 99% isopropyl alcohol. Then condition the nail and skin with Solar Oil.
If using the Brisa Lamp, apply and cure four fingers on each hand and then then the thumbs.
1. When your client comes in to weeks later for her re-Shellacm have her wash and dry her hands. Sanitize her hands with CoolBlue.
2. Wrap each finger with a Shellac Remover Wrap soaked in 99% pure acetone.
3. Leave the Shellac Remover Wrap on the fingers for 10 minutes. Securely grip each finger and apply slight pressure to the fingernail.
4. With a twisting motion, pull te Shellac Remover Wrap and product from the fingernails.
5. If necessary, gently slide off any remaining product with an orangewood stick. Be careful not to scrape the nail plate.
6. Rub the nail with a lint-free pad soaked with 99% acetone to remove any product residue.